Thursday, February 20, 2020

Homeland: A portrait of bipolar disorder?

So I've been looking for movies and TV shows about bipolar disease or with bipolar characters to validate some of my personal struggles with this mental illness. Now I've been sucked into Homeland, the TV series with Claire Danes as a bipolar CIA agent. Psychology Today, in the article linked below, says that it is an accurate portrayal of a high-functioning person with bipolar disorder. I guess I question that.


Check out the article below and see what you think. Of course, watching the show might help your evaluation, if you haven't seen it already. Several episodes in is when we first pick up on her illness and it goes up and down from there. I should note that this show is definitely NSFW as it contains language and nudity during sex scenes, etc.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/shrink-speak/201411/homeland-true-portrayal-mental-illness

Comment your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment