Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Latuda (Lurasidone): Pros vs Cons, My Personal Experience

I started on 40 mg of Latuda (lurasidone) some months ago with no ill side effects. It wasn't quite doing the job, so my provider and I agreed to bump it to 80 mg per day. It was good for a month or more but then I started experiencing jaw tension and grinding teeth out of my control. After another month or so, this activity began to generate pain in my left ear. After enduring that for a couple of weeks, I finally decided that the pain wasn't worth the benefit from the medication.


It's been two weeks now since I made that decision. I've been more edgy and snappy than before. The problem is I'm not sure if it is withdrawal symptoms because I quit cold turkey, or if I'm just returning to my previous state of asshole.

I did a teleconference with my provider and we've decided to move forward with Abilify (aripiprazole). I won't get it from the VA for at least another week. I'm holding on but this antsy / edgy / snappy feeling has got to go. I don't know how much more of this my family can stand. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment